Montana Stockgrowers offers two scholarships for student members
February 12, 2012
HELENA – The Montana Stockgrowers Association (MSGA) is offering two scholarships for MSGA member students. For graduating high school seniors, MSGA is offering the Swede Schlesinger Scholarship worth $2,500.
Eligibility requirements for this scholarship are:
• Student must be a graduating senior from a Montana high school.
• Must be a member of MSGA, or have at least one parent who is a member.
• Demonstrate a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
• Applicants must complete the application form, include a copy of their current high school transcript, three sealed letters of recommendation, and answer a series of essay questions. Applications are due March 15.
Recommended Stories For You
For current college students, the MSGA Educational Heritage Scholarship of $1,000 is available. Eligibility requirements are:
• Students must be currently enrolled in college and have completed at least one semester in college.
• Be a member of MSGA, or have at least one parent who is a member,
• Demonstrate a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
• Applicants must complete the application form, include a copy of their current transcript, write a 500-word essay discussing their educational pursuits and what they hope to do with their education, and include two letters of recommendation. Applications are due April 15.
For more information on these scholarships, visit MSGA’s Web site at: http://www.mtbeef.org/reef.aspx or call Ariel Overstreet at 406-442-3420. If interested in these scholarships but not currently a MSGA member, student memberships start at just $20.