Montana town celebrates “The Reason for the Season”
December 3, 2015
Get ready to enjoy "The Reason for the Season" this year in Terry, with the Prairie County Chamber of Commerce sponsored Terrific Tuesdays, and other events coming this Christmas season. Each Tuesday in December local businesses will host special events and activities, with most businesses staying open until 7 p.m. to allow customers extra time to shop in this small town with lots to offer. Additionally, kids are invited to hunt for the "Elf on a Shelf" at participating business throughout the season to be entered into a prize drawing from Prairie Unique.
The schedule of events includes:
• Terrific Tuesday, Dec. 1 – Light Parade featuring floats from area groups and businesses, 6 p.m.; Santa Claus visit and hot dogs at Stockman Bank, 5-7 p.m.
• Terrific Tuesday, Dec. 8 – Christmas Card Run, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at participating businesses
• Terrific Tuesday, Dec. 15 – Chamber Chili Feed from 5-7 p.m. with in-store desserts at participating businesses
• Terrific MONDAY, Dec. 21 – Live Nativity in downtown Terry, 6 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
• Terrific Tuesday, Dec. 22 – Stocking Stuffer Night, businesses open until 7 p.m.
The Chamber Light Parade on Tuesday, Dec. 1 is an annual tradition. Parade line up will be by the Kelley Bean Company on Laundre Street starting at 5:40 p.m. with the parade at 6 p.m. Businesses, organizations and individuals are encouraged to participate.
The Christmas Card Run is back again, and offers participants a chance to build their best poker hand by getting a free card from each participating Terry business. Players can sign up at Prairie Abstract starting at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 8, for a $1 entry fee. At each participating retail business they can draw a card for free. Players can increase their chances of winning and draw a second card at any business with any in-store purchase. Participants must turn their best five cards in at Watts Insurance by 6 p.m. First, second and third place best poker hands will win Chamber Bucks.
The Chamber Chili Feed and Desserts on Tuesday, Dec. 15 provides a chance for shoppers to fill their Christmas lists while enjoying a hot meal. For dessert, they can visit many of the businesses serving a variety of in-store treats.
The Live Nativity moves to a Monday, Dec. 21, this year, and is hosted by the Chamber with participants and volunteers from the community. Complete with live animals and actors portraying the Christmas story, the nativity program will start at 6 p.m. with a narrated program and music. Volunteers are encouraged to contact the Chamber to participate in this event.
The final Terrific Tuesday, Dec. 22, is Stocking Stuffer Night, where area retail businesses will again be open until 7 p.m.
Members of the Prairie County Chamber of Commerce include:
• 4 Corners Convenience
• American Legion Prairie Post #32
• Badlands Café & Scoop Shop
• The Barbie Shop and Fine Arts Gallery
• Creative Cottage
• Double D Outfitters
• Eastern Montana Land & Home
• Envy Salon
• Farmers Union Oil Company
• Gwyn's Watering Hole
• Hess Distributing
• Kempton Hotel
• Mid-River Communications
• Netzer Hardware
• Netzer Plumbing & Heating
• Powder River Meat Company
• Prairie Abstract & Title, Inc.
• Prairie Unique
• Rittal Tax and Accounting
• Roy Rogers Tavern
• Sassy One Clothing
• Small Town R.V. Park
• Stevenson & Sons Funeral Home
• Stockman Bank of Montana
• Terry Super Valu
• Terry Tribune
• Tom Pisk Construction
• Watts Insurance, Inc.
For more information, visit VisitTerryMt.com or call Dale Galland at Prairie Unique at 406-635-5598.
– Prairie County Chamber of Commerce