N.D. Reclamation Conference set for February 24-25
January 20, 2014
The second annual North Dakota Reclamation Conference is set for Feb. 24-25 at the Astoria Hotel and Suites in Dickinson.
The theme for this year's conference is "What is Successful Reclamation? The Regulation, the Science and the Application."
"This is an opportunity to connect with and learn from the experts about the regulations, the science behind the issues and reclamation approaches on oil development," says Abbey Wick, North Dakota State University Extension Service soil health assistant professor. "We hope to reach a broad audience of scientists, consultants, industry, educators and landowners with important information for the region."
Registration begins at 5 p.m. on Feb. 24. Lynn Helms, North Dakota Department of Mineral Resources director, will give the keynote address beginning at 6:30 p.m. Helms will discuss the status of oil-related development in North Dakota and the issues involved.
The convention will have three major sessions beginning at 8:45 a.m. on Feb. 25.
The sessions are on water, soil and seeding.
Recommended Stories For You
Topics and speakers for the water session are:
* Regulation – Bill Schuh, North Dakota Water Commission
* Science – John Harju, Energy and Environmental Research Center
* Application – Mark Hoffman, Frac Water Solutions, and Stacy Aguirre, Continental Resources Inc. Topics and speakers for the soil session are:
* Regulation – Kris Roberts, North Dakota Department of Health
* Science – Tom DeSutter, NDSU associate professor and soil science program leader
* Application – Jennifer Nielsen, Good Lands Environment Inc., and Carmen Waldo, U.S. Forest Service
Topics and speakers for the seeding session are:
* Regulation – Cory Barth, North Dakota Department of Trust Lands
* Science – John Hendrickson, U.S. Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Research Service
* Application – Carl Piper, Piper Land Resources Services LLC, and Gene Harris, Crosby Creek Consulting LLP
The cost of the conference is $50 for those who preregister by Feb. 19 and $60 after Feb. 19 and for those who register the day of the event. Those wishing to attend can register online at http://www.ndreclamation.com. For more information, contact Toby Stroh at 701-483-2185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For sponsorship and exhibitor information, contact Brenda Schladweiler at 307-686-0800 or email email@example.com.
Sponsoring the event are the NDSU Extension Service, Dickinson State University, Society for Range Management and BKS Environmental Associates Inc.