Neb. dry bean field tour on for Aug. 27
The 2013 Dry Bean Field Tour, scheduled for Aug. 27, will be an opportunity to view the latest bean research going on at the University of Nebraska Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
The tour will start with coffee, doughnuts and registration at 9 a.m. at the Mitchell Ag Lab. Following a welcome message and legislative update, tours of the research plots leave at 9:30 a.m. After the tour, a noon meal will be served at the Panhandle Center.
The Field Tour is co-sponsored by the Nebraska Dry Bean Growers’ Association and the University of Nebraska.
The tour will include presentations on field research and demonstration projects directed to dry edible beans, including the following topics and UNL presenters:
• New UNL Dry Bean Lines, Carlos Urrea, dry bean breeding specialist.
• Where Are We in Developing Insect-Resistant Dry Beans? Jeff Bradshaw, entomologist.
• Iron Deficiency Chlorosis Research on Dry Bean, Gary Hergert, soil and nutrient management specialist.
• Dry Bean Variety Update, Jim Schild, Extension educator.
• New Alternative Products for Dry Bean Bacterial Diseases, Bob Harveson, plant pathologist.
• Deficit Irrigation on Beans, Dave Reichert, research technician
• Acreage Response Under Water Allocations, Jessica Johnson, Extension Educator – Ag Economics. F
–Panhandle Research and Extension Center
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User