Nebraska: Beef Ration and Nutrition Decision Software seminar planned for Jan. 26
A Beef Ration and Nutrition Decision Software (BRANDS) seminar is scheduled for 1 p.m., Jan. 26, 2011 at the UNL Extension Office in Chadron, NE.
Nebraska BRANDS is a series of highly developed Microsoft Excel spreadsheets that:
• Utilize updated nutrient requirements of Beef Council data;
• Incorporates metabolizable protein and net energy system; body condition scoring adjustment, implants and local weather;
• Allows the user to define nutritional requirements;
• Develops batch sheets for feed mixing and ration development;
• Allows user to customize default settings;
• Evaluates rations for various cattle groups and stages;
• Utilizes a calendar approach to each beef group;
• Provides user an opportunity to input own feeds.
Come See How Your Can Save $$ on Feed Costs!
This software was developed specifically for Nebraska producers by UNL and Iowa State Beef Specialists. It is available for purchase by producers.
Instructors Aaron Stalker and Scott Cotton will show producers how to save money on feed costs by using BRANDS.
Please reserve a chair by Jan. 21, 2011 by calling 308-432-3373.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User