Nebraska Cattlemen’s 2010 Conference set for Dec. 8-10 in Kearney
November 26, 2010
The Nebraska Cattlemen (NC) and CattleWomen 2010 annual convention is Dec. 8-10 at the Holiday Inn in Kearney, NE. This is the meeting where the members of the Nebraska Cattlemen have the opportunity to participate in discussions that take place in council meetings and committee meetings. These meetings determine the direction and policy of the Nebraska Cattlemen for the upcoming year.
As in past years, the Convention will be packed with educational opportunities beginning with the Cattlemen’s College on Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday the NC Council Meetings will be held in the morning, the Foundation luncheon at noon and, the NC Committee meetings in the afternoon.
The 2010 Convention will feature a very distinguished group of speakers, including:
• Governor Dave Heineman will address the crowd during the Thursday opening session;
• Barry Flinchbaugh, Ag Economist from Kansas State University, will be the keynote speaker at the opening general session on Thursday morning.;
• Ronnie Green, Vice President and Harlan Vice Chancellor for the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources at UNL, will be the featured speaker at the NC Foundation luncheon Thursday noon.
Recommended Stories For You
• Chuck Schroeder, Executive Director of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, will be the speaker at the banquet on Thursday night.
• The annual membership meeting on Friday morning will have two speakers: Chris Calkins, UNL meat scientist; and Nevil Speer, Ag Economist, Western Kentucky University.
As always Nebraska Cattlemen’s allied industry partners will present their goods and services with outstanding displays in the trade show. The welcome reception in the trade show on Wednesday evening will kick the event off.
For more information or to register call Nebraska Cattlemen’s Lincoln office at 402-475-2333, or visit http://www.nebraskacattlemen.org.