New crop technology conference Dec. 4 at Sidney
“New Markets for New Crops” is the theme of the New crops Technology Conference scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 4, at Sidney.
The challenges of bringing new crops to market will be emphasized at the conference, which begins at 8:30 a.m. at Western Nebraska Community College’s Sidney campus. The conference aims to update Nebraska growers with state-of-the-art information on marketing and economics and up-to-date research on production under limited irrigation of proso millet, sunflower, pea, fenugreek, and biofuel.
The registration fee is $35 per person for registrations received by Dec. 1, and $45 after that date and at the door. The fee includes refreshments and lunch.
Brochures and registrations forms are available by calling the UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center at 308-632-1230, or downloading from the Panhandle Center website at panhandle.unl.edu.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Topics and speakers include:
· Water Issues in Nebraska (Gary Hergert, UNL Soil Scientist)
· Sunflower Irrigation Response (Joel Schneekloth, CSU Water Resource Specialist)
· Canola Irrigation Response (Alexander Pavlista, UNL Crop Physiologist)
· Biofuel Crops and Water Use (Gary Hergert, UNL Soil Scientist)
· Fenugreek, Medicinal Crop (Dipak Santra, UNL Alternative Crops Specialist)
· Fenugreek Irrigation Response (Alexander Pavlista, UNL Crop Physiologist)
· Crops for Health (Vicki Schlegel, UNL Food Scientist)
· Proso Millet’s New Markets (Noel Rudie, Harvest Innovations Director)
· Pea Varieties and New Markets (Dipak Santra, UNL Alternative Crops Specialist)
· Bringing New Crops to Market (Jessica Johnson, Extension Educator – Economics)
· Industry Panel on Marketing New Crops
The conference will adjourn at 4:30 p.m.
For more information, contact Dipak Santra, Alternative Crops Breeding Specialist at the UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center, 308-632-1244, email firstname.lastname@example.org; Alexander Pavlista, Crop Physiologist, phone 308-632-1240, email email@example.com; Karen DeBoer, Extension Educator
Space for commercial booths will be available. For more information, contact Dipak Santra by Dec. 1.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User