Rex E. Abbott1951-2015
December 4, 2015
Rex E. Abbott, age 64, passed away at his home near Smithwick, South Dakota, Dec. 2, 2015.
Rex was born in Denver, Colorado, March 19, 1951, to Herbert and Georgene (Kearn) Abbott. He proudly served in the United States Army from 1970 until his honorable discharge in 1973.
Memorial Services will be held at 1:30 p.m., Monday, Dec. 7, 2015, at the Prairie View Methodist Church near Smithwick with Pastor Mark Johnsen officiating.
Rex is survived by his wife, Ann of Smithwick; son, Clint (Heather) Abbott, of Smithwick,; daughter, Tina (Mike) Christinck, of Wheatland, Wyoming; brother, Douglas (Johanna) Abbott of Keenesburg, Colorado; sister, Sandra (David Rupple) Galey of Brighton, Colorado, mother, Georgene Abbott of Keenesburg; and four grandsons.
Memorials in Rex's name have been established to benefit the Oelrichs Rodeo Association or the Oelrichs Play Day.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Outside Circle by Jan Swan Wood: Tragedy, ranch rodeo and broncs, PBR/NHSRA link, roping schools
- Dealing with ELD mandate could require a law change
- Skin Problems in Young Cattle: Warts and Ringworm
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus
- Assisting the bonding process between cow and calf