On the field with the cowboys, cowgirls
Fans headed to AT&T Stadium on March 1 for RFD-TV’s $2 million rodeo, The American, can now mix business with pleasure.
By attending a unique live auction in the world’s largest honky tonk – Billy Bob’s Texas – on Feb. 22, they can purchase ad space on the backs of their favorite rodeo celebrities who will rope and ride for millions of dollars on March 1.
During the rodeo, the winning bidders will be promoting their brand on live television while cheering for their respective contestants from custom-made suites near the 50-yard line. After watching from the best seats in the house, the buyers will be invited on stage during the awards ceremony if their cowboy or cowgirl becomes the champion.
The auction is the brainchild of Randy Bernard, CEO of RFD-TV Events, who first brought the lucrative, tournament-style rodeo to AT&T Stadium in 2014.
“Our goal is to raise money for cowboys while at the same time giving potential new sponsors an interactive way to get involved in one of America’s greatest sports,” said Bernard.
The cowboys and cowgirls themselves, notoriously underpaid in terms of professional sports, will receive 85 percent of the winning bid, with the remaining 15 percent being donated to one of three nonprofits dedicated to keeping Western heritage alive – the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame, the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame and the National Cowboy Western and Heritage Museum.
Anyone can participate in the auction on Feb. 22 at Billy Bob’s Texas in the Fort Worth Stockyards. Bidding will start immediately following the American Semi-Finals in the adjoining Cowtown Coliseum, or at approximately 6 p.m. Following a silent auction of all contestants, those commanding the highest bids will sell in a live auction televised at 8 p.m. (Central) on RFD-TV. For more details on how to bid online or by telephone, visit superiorlivestock.com.
Tickets for The American Semi-Finals are available for $40 per single day or a three-performance package of $100, not including taxes. They can be purchased at the Cowtown Coliseum box office, at stockyardsrodeo.com, or americanrodeo.com.
Tickets for RFD-TV’s The American, presented by Polaris Ranger, and the PBR’s Iron Cowboy VI are on sale at the AT&T Stadium Box Office, all Ticketmaster locations and at americanrodeo.com. Prices for each event range from $20 to $150, not including taxes.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
KANSAS CITY. Mo. – Jim Courtney, Alzada, Mont.; Lawrence Duncan, Wingate, Ind.; Bob Harrell, Baker City, Ore.; and Dale Micheli, Fort Bridger, Wyo., were inducted into the Hereford Hall of Fame Oct. 23 in Kansas…