PRCA news & notes from the rodeo trail: Jan. 17, 2012
January 20, 2012
• Bozeman, MT bull rider Colten Jensen is going to be out of action for a while after suffering a fractured left leg and dislocated ankle at the Ram Montana Circuit Finals Rodeo in Great Falls, MT.
• The North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame is asking the public for financial support as it nears a $104,000 bond payment deadline of Jan. 31, 2012. Phil Baird, president of the group, said in a release that the group is looking to fill a financial gap between its annual fundraising efforts and its construction bond payment. The cowboy hall of fame has a 10-year payment schedule on construction debt of $1.2 million for its new Center for Western Heritage and Culture.
• The Greeley (CO) Stampede has hired former Miss Rodeo Colorado, Kassie Pigg, as its director of marketing
• In recognition of the place, the iconic Pendleton (OR) Round-Up holds in its community, the Pendleton school district voted Jan. 9 to adopt a new schedule through 2015 that starts school on the Monday after the conclusion of the Round-Up.
• A commercial for the 2012 Ram Longhorn truck line was filmed in and around the Jan. 12-14 Ram Montana Circuit Finals Rodeo in Great Falls, MT.