Holiday meat prepartation bootcamp
December 14, 2012
Brookings, SD – Want to know expert techniques and tricks of the trade when it comes to preparing meat for the holidays? Then attend the Holiday Meat Preparation Bootcamp hosted by SDSU Extension and the SDSU Meat Department Oct. 25, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the SDSU Meat Lab Room 186, in the Animal Science building on the campus of South Dakota State University.
This program is designed to educate consumers about holiday meat selection, quantity required, preparation and safety. The program will demonstrate preparation of prime rib, ham, pork loin and turkey. Recipes for all products, food safety and nutritional information will be provided. The program will cost $20 per person. Participants will get to sample all meat dishes for dinner.
Please pre-register by contacting Keith Underwood, Assistant Professor, Extension Meat Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-688-5439 by Oct. 24. F
Trending In: Ranching Legacies
- L Bar W Cattle Company: New kids on the block raising Hereford cattle
- Ranching Legacy: Reed 77 Ranch, Riding for one of Wyoming’s oldest brands
- Doll family building a reputation and a breeding program with Charolais and Simmentals since 1946
- Mobile farm, ranch equipment repair business is up and Rollin’
- Ranching Legacy: Joy and struggle, Hermann family takes it all
- UPDATED DAILY: Wrangler NFR 2018 Round Results
- PRCA standings as of Dec. 14, 2018
- Filming Feek’s Vision: Legendary stock contractor’s story documented in new movie
- OCM: New JBS violations highlight weak enforcement of Packers & Stockyards Act
- JBS fined $50,000 for inaccurately recording weights, grades and prices of carcasses