Request a speaker for your event
As the nation’s most successful domestic program, Social Security is something worth learning more about. That’s why the representatives at Social Security are available to share news and information about the programs and how they work.
Whether you are representing a club or an employer’s human resources department, an advocacy organization or a community association – if you have a large meeting or event coming up and you’d like to have a representative speak, please submit your request to us online at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/organizations.
We can speak on an array of topics, such as:
• retirement, and how to prepare;
• pre-retirement, and how to get an estimate of future retirement benefits;
• disability, how it can help, who is eligible, and how to apply;
• wage reporting for small businesses and employers;
• work incentives for people with disabilities who want to work;
• how Social Security can provide extra help with Medicare prescription drug costs; and
• what Social Security means to every American.
At http://www.socialsecurity.gov/organizations, you’ll find an easy-to-complete form that you can submit online. It will ask you about the type of talk you would like, and more information about the event.
So whether you would like a speaker to talk to your employees about preparing for retirement or teach your students what Social Security has to do with them, we can help. There is no fee for this service.
To learn more about Social Security without the aid of a speaker, visit our vast wealth of information at http://www.socialsecurity.gov.
kathy petersen is the public affairs specialist for south dakota and eastern wyoming. you can write her c/o social security administration, 605 main, suite 201, rapid city, sd, 57701 or via e-mail at kathy. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User