Senate Ag Approps to hold ‘open meeting’ on rural economy
On Tuesday at 2:30 p.m., in Room 116 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building, the Senate Agriculture Appropriations Subcommittee will hold what Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., the subcommittee chairman, has called an “open meeting to conduct a roundtable discussion on the state of the farm economy.”
Panels of USDA economists and farm lobbyists will speak at the meeting:
▪ Robert Johansson, USDA chief economist
▪ Patrick Westhoff, director, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute
▪ Nathan Kauffman, assistant vice president and Omaha branch executive, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
▪ Reece Langley, National Cotton Council
▪ Dale Moore, American Farm Bureau Federation
▪ Randy Russell, The Russell Group
▪ Tom Sell, Combest, Sell & Associates & Southwest Council of Agribusiness
▪ Colin Woodall,National Cattleman’s Beef Association
–The Hagstrom Report
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User