Small acreage topics focus of Feb. 18 program
South Dakota Small Acreages will host a seminar for all acreage owners on Feb. 18 at the new University Center, located just south of Exit 61 and east of McDonalds, at 4300 Cheyenne Blvd in Rapid City, SD.
The Program runs from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Topics will include:
• 9:30 a.m. – “Intro to SDSU Extension/RC Regional Center,” presented by Mindy Hubert, South Dakota State University (SDSU) Extension Small Acreage Field Specialist.
• 9:40 a.m. – “Grant opportunities for acreage owners,” presented by Mindy Hubert, SDSU Extension Small Acreage Field Specialist. Her presentation includes information on SARE grant experiences shared by Fred and Heather Gordon and Tom Barnes/BH Area Meat Goat Producers, as well as other funding opportunities.
• 10:20 a.m. – ” iGrow Horses,” the exciting new web portal for horse owners, presented by Dr. Rebecca Bott, SDSU Equine Specialist.
• 11:05 a.m. – “Miniature cattle: Profitability and feasibility for smaller properties,” presented by Adele Harty, SDSU Extension Cow/Calf Field Specialist
• 11:30 a.m. – “Is ‘Ag Status’ right for your property?” This presentation includes information on county requirements and overall feasibility, presented by Mindy Hubert, SDSU Extension Small Acreage Field Specialist; as well as information and testimony shared by Doug and Carol Pavel of Butte Vista Farm.
For more information on this program contact Mindy Hubert at 605-394-2236, email@example.com or visit: