South Dakota 4-H Rodeo Ambassador crowned
Hayley Smith was crowned the 2010 South Dakota State 4-H Rodeo Ambassador on Sunday, Aug. 29 in Fort Pierre, SD by Kristina Maddocks, the 2009 South Dakota 4-H Rodeo Ambassador. Along with nine other contestants, she competed in the categories of Horsemanship, Appearance, Personality, Extemporaneous Speech, Silent Judging and Photogenic.
Hayley Smith is the 18-year-old daughter of Tom and Deanna Smith of Rapid City. She is a recent 2010 graduate of Stevens High School and is attending Black Hills State University this fall majoring in Special Education. Hayley represented the Tripp County 4-H Rodeo and also received the Horsemanship and Photogenic awards. Competition was held for three days during the 39th Annual South Dakota 4-H Rodeo Finals from Aug. 27-29.
Jessica Johnson, Perkins & Meade Co. 4-H Rodeo Ambassador, received the first runner-up award and the Extemporaneous Speech award. Kassidy Noem, Eastern Dakota 4-H Rodeo Ambassador, received the second runner-up award and the Personality & Appearance award. Kendra Peterson, Hyde/Hand 4-H Rodeo Ambassador, received the third runner-up award. Sherri Fay, New Underwood 4-H Rodeo Ambassador, received the Congeniality award.
Award sponsors included:
• Photogenic: Dean & Judy Stevens;
• Personality & Appearance: Wheelhouse Plumbing Inc.;
• Speech: Connie & Diane Hoffman;
• Congeniality: Double D Western, LLC;
• Horsemanship: Weather All Roofing;
• Buckles: Tres Rios;
• Third runner-up award: Angel Crop Consulting;
• Second runner-up award: John Hoffman Electric;
• First runner-up award, Witte Quarter Horses;
• Crown/sash/pin: Keith & Geneice Gebhart;
• Pierre Flower Shop: Flowers;
• Traveling Chaps: Mike Steiger & Jennifer Ruzsa Overfield;
• Traveling Chap Bag: Annie Oakley;
• Leather Fur Coat: Johnson & Westphal Cage Trap Company;
• Ambassador Vest: Double D Western, LLC;
• Black Hills Gold Bracelet: Landstroms Black Hills Gold Creations;
• Saddle: Harry K Ford & Statewide Ag Insurance of Winner;
• Ambassador Saddle Blanket: The Bunkhouse;
• Traveling Chap Plaque: Leslie Anderson Alvarez & Bobbi Jo Anderson Price;
• Scholarship Contributors: Rural Anesthesia Services; SD Quarter Horse Association; Friend of 4-H Rodeo; Erin Gebhart Retzer; Brittni Decker; Julie Kebach-Jackson; and Courtney C. Smith.
Additional group sponsors for the contest from Pierre include Picture This, Forell Limousine Service and Ramkota Hotel.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User