South Dakota Public Lands Council to meet Feb. 1
January 21, 2016
The South Dakota Public Lands Annual meeting will be Monday, Feb. 1 at 1:00 p.m. at the South Dakota Stockgrowers Association office in Rapid City. Issues on the agenda include sage grouse management, prairie dog management, travel management, as well what is happening on the state and national scene that affects permit holders with state and federal public lands.
• Ethan Lane, the new lobbyist with the National Public Lands Council who will get input and share what's happening on the national level.
• Chip Kimball from the BLM who will discuss the ongoing new Resource Management Plan, sage grouse and other threatened and endangered species, and the upcoming travel management plan. SDPLC has been active in working with the counties to make sure our industry is represented in this process.
• Ryan Brunner, Commissioner of School and Public Lands who will discuss Travel Management, land exchanges, and public lands issues.
• Mark Haugen from Senator Thune's office, and Katy Murray from Senator Mike Rounds' office, and Brad Otten from Rep. Kristi Noem's office who will give an update on what is happening on Capitol Hill.
Recommended Stories For You
• Tom Troxel from Black Hills Multiple Use Coalition .
South Dakota Public Lands Council is made up of State and Federal permittees and send dues to the National Public Lands Council
New officers will be elected. If you are interested in serving as an officer, let one of the officers or directors know. Their phone numbers and e-mail addresses are on the dues notice.
For more information, contact Deb Kukuchka, Secretary at 605-892-2875.
–South Dakota Public Lands Council