10 students earn $1,500 scholarships from CME
February 1, 2019
New Orleans, La. (Feb. 1, 2019) – Ten $1,500 scholarships for the next school year have been awarded by the National Cattlemen's Foundation to outstanding students pursuing careers in the beef industry. The scholarships are sponsored by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group (CME).
Also receiving a trip to the 2019 Cattle Industry Convention & NCBA Trade Show in New Orleans, La., Jan. 30 – Feb. 1 as the overall winner of the scholarship was Olivia Willrett of Illinois, who is a student at Colorado State University. Willrett wrote an essay for her scholarship entry titled "Tracing Beef from Farm to Fork."
The other nine students, each earning $1,500 CME scholarships from NCF, were:
· Katie Gardner, Arkansas, University of Arkansas
· Ryan Beany, Florida, University of Florida
· Grady Woodard, Kansas, Kansas State University
Recommended Stories For You
· Lauren Mosher, Iowa, Iowa State University
· Bailey Morrell, Colorado, Colorado State University
· Sydni Lienemann, Nebraska, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
· Shelby Souva, Michigan, Lansing Community College
· Shaye Koester, North Dakota, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
· Nolan Newman, Ohio, Ohio State University