Terry Gompert and Randy Holmquist lead Holistic Management Training classes
The South Dakota Grassland Coalition is pleased to announce a series of Holistic Management trainings being taught by Terry Gompert, UNL Extension Educator and Holistic Management Certified Educator, and Randy Holmquist, Holistic Management Certified Educator Trainee.
This will be an excellent opportunity to learn the entire Holistic Management program. Holistic Management provides a framework for making management decisions. These practices yield a “triple bottom line” of sustainable economic, environmental and social benefits by:
• Improving soil health and biodiversity of rangelands and pastures.
• Increasing grazing and wildlife capacity.
• Increasing annual profits and enhancing livelihoods.
• Optimally using rainfall and conserving water.
• Growing healthier crops and achieving higher yields.
• Reversing desertification in brittle environments.
• Breaking the cycle of food and water insecurity.
• Enhancing family relationships.
• Resisting and positively affecting global climate change.
The prices for these workshops have not been set yet, but there will be a discount for people who attend multiple workshops. If you would like more information about these trainings contact Kyle Schell at 605-688-6623 or at Kyle.email@example.com.
• Introduction to Holistic Management, Dec. 6-7, 2010, in Chamberlain, SD;
• Financial planning, Jan. 4-5, 2011, Chamberlain, SD;
• Grazing planning, Jan. 6-7, 2011, Chamberlain, SD;
• Land planning; Feb. 7-8, 2011, Chamberlain, SD;
• Policy analysis and design, Feb. 24-25, Chamberlain, SD.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User