for Tri-State Livestock News
Dr. Miller shares some tips:
* Soil temperature is the second most important factor for proper germination.
* This crop can not tolerate frost.
* Soil temperatures should be no less than 65 degrees for seeding. (althought it has been reported to have survived 28 degree nights)
* Early rain fall is the most important factor for tonnage results.
* Seed depth placement should be no more than a half inch.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Billings, Mont. – Leaders of the National Beef Checkoff Petition Committee sent a letter last week to the Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board (Cattlemen’s Beef Board (CBB)) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)…