Tyler Smith takes performance #2 of Rapid City Xtreme Bulls Tour
October 16, 2013
Tyler Smith of Fruita, CO, is known to be a great roper, but tonight he was known as a great bull rider being named performance #2 champion of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) Xtreme Bulls tour held during the Black Hills Stock Show Rodeo®. Smith turned in a total score of 176 on two bulls and secured his place in the Wrangler Championship top ten by scoring a 91 on Burns Rodeo's Smoke Signal. It was the highest marked ride of the night.
Parker Breding of Edgar, MT, was the only other bull rider to make two qualified rides. His 77-point ride on Sutton Rodeo's Crystal Springs Peach brought the crowd to a roar in the Wrangler Championship Round. His total score on two bulls was 163.
Complete results from the Wrangler Championship Round are:
• Abe Dillman – Grassy Butte, ND: No Score
• Patrick Geipel – Elbert, CO: No Score
• Jayden Hansen – Gettysburg, SD: No Score
Recommended Stories For You
• Casey Stirling – New Underwood, SD: No Score
• Friday Wright, II – Moss Point, MS: No Score
• Parker Breding – Edgar, MT: 77
• Trevor Kastner – Adrmore, OK: No Score
• Jarrod Ford – Greely, CO: No Score
• Nate Perry – Elk City, OK: No Scoroe
• Tyler Smith – Fruita, CO: 85
The Xtreme Bulls Tour format features 35 cowboys participating in a long-go each night with the top 10 riders brought back for a short round. The Rapid City champion will be crowned based on the highest total score from both nights of competition. Monies won at PRCA Xtreme Bulls Tour stops count towards the 2013 PRCA World Standings, which determine qualifiers for the Wrangler NFR in Las Vegas. Seventy of the world's top bull riders will converge on the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center to compete for $52,000.
The performance will be a televised on Feb. 18 on Great American Country (GAC). F