U.S. Meat Export Federation names 2011 executive committee
U.S. Meat Export Federation (USMEF) Chairman Keith Miller, a farmer-stockman from Great Bend, KS, has announced the organization’s 2011 executive committee.
USMEF’s membership and its executive committee are drawn from the nine industry segments that comprise the organization, which celebrates its 35th anniversary in 2011.
“USMEF represents the full spectrum of the U.S. agriculture industry and touches every aspect from the farm to the export of American red meat products,” said Miller. “I believe that this executive committee will provide outstanding representation to our industry over the coming year.”
Officers for the current year, which runs through November, are:
• Keith Miller, chairman, representing the Kansas Farm Bureau
• Danita Rodibaugh, chairman-elect, family farm operator in Rensselaer, IN, producing corn, soybeans, wheat and purebred seedstock swine; representing the National Pork Board (NPB)
• Steve Isaf, vice-chairman, president of Atlanta-based Interra International
• Mark Jagels, secretary/treasurer, farmer and director of the Nebraska Corn Board from Davenport, NE
Other members of the 2011 USMEF executive committee are:
• Jim Peterson, past chairman, representing the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA), from Buffalo, MT
• Bruce Schmoll, oilseeds producing sector, representing Minnesota Soybean Growers Association, from Claremont, MN
• Roel Andriessen, packing/processing sector, representing Tyson Foods, from Dakota Dunes, SD
• James Teitscheid, lamb producing and feeding sector, representing the American Lamb Board, from Denver, CO
• Wayne Peugh, pork producing and feeding sector, representing NPB, from Dunlap, IL
• Calvin Rozenboom, farm organizations sector, representing the Iowa Farm Bureau, from Oskaloosa, IA
• Bill Rhea, beef/veal producing and feeding sector, representing the Nebraska Beef Council, from Arlington, NE
• Maggie O’Quinn, supply and service sector, representing Certified Angus Beef, from Woodland, AL
• David Fremark, feedgrains producing sector, representing the South Dakota Corn Utilization Council, from Miller, SD
• Kurt Holdmeyer, purveyor/trader sector, representing AJC International, Inc., from Atlanta, GA
• Jill Appell, at-large representative from the National Pork Producers Council, from Altoona, IL
• Mike Skahill, at-large representative from Smithfield Foods, from Smithfield, VA
• Luisa Jaca, at-large representative from NCBA, from Nampa, ID
• Dan Dierschke, at-large representative from the Cattlemen’s Beef Board, from Austin, TX
• Leann Saunders, at-large representative from IMI Global, from Castle Rock, CO
• Scott Singlestad, advisory representative from the United Soybean Board, from Waseca, MN
Sector representatives on the executive committee are elected to three-year terms, while at-large members are elected to one-year terms. USMEF President and CEO Philip Seng is an ex officio member of the executive committee.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User