Upcoming Black Hills events for sheep producers
The next Lamb Producer Meeting will be Tuesday, January 19 at the Branding Iron Steakhouse, Belle Fourche, South Dakota.
The meeting begins at 2:30 with Supper at 6 p.m. sponsored by Sioux Nation Ag Center. RSVP to Doug Wirth at 515-979-3938 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, SAVE THE DATE to attend the BHSS” Sheep Day” on Thursday, Feb. 4 at the Kjerstad Event Center, Rapid City, South Dakota
Activities happening that day:
· National Sheep Shearing Championships – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
· North American Sheep Dog Trials 10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
· National Wool Handlers Championships – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
· Demonstration of the Optical Fiber Diameter Analysis Technology (OFDA) and its applications within the Wool Industry.
· Presentations on the importance of classing wool to ensure a uniform and marketable wool clip.
· Presentations on the value of wool as a textile fiber.
· Presentations on the steps to producing a highly valued wool clip.
· Spinner’s Circle providing lessons on hand spinning
· Demonstrations of combing machines
· Lamb will be on the concessionaire’s menu
· Numerous sheep industry related booths
· Retailers promoting and selling wool and lamb products will be on hand.
· A trained sheep dog will be auctioned at 6:30 p.m. with proceeds to go to the “Make a Wish” Foundation
· Shawls created by the Spinner’s Circle will be donated to Black Hills Hospice.
If you are interested in participating in any of the events or hosting a booth, Please contact: Cory Ferguson, Black Hills Stock Show Event Manager at 605-355-3861 or email: email@example.com
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Hastings, Neb. – July 26, 2021 – There’s a teenage girl who’s going to miss a few days of school for the Oregon Trail Rodeo in Hastings, but she has a good excuse.