West Central Cattlemen’s Day series offered at 12 locations
Nebraska Extension Educator
The combination of low commodity prices and high input costs has left cattle producers struggling to reach breakeven levels. With focus on the current down-turn in the agricultural economy, Nebraska Extension and Colorado State University Extension will be hosting a series of meetings in twelve locations across western Nebraska and eastern Colorado. The program is designed to help cattle producers minimize input costs, generate additional income, utilize risk management strategies, and expand marketing opportunities.
Topics for the program include bench marking your cost of production, finding weak spots in your financial results, pricing feeds using the Feed Cost Cow-Q-Lator, feeding and supplement frequency, considerations for retained ownership of calves, consumer impact on the bottom line and more.
Dates and locations include:
· December 8th – Loup City, NE, Community Center, 10:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. CT, (308) 745-1518
· December 12th – Burlington, CO, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. MT, (970) 522-3200 Kit Carson County Fairgrounds
· December 13th – Brush, CO, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. MT, Morgan County Fairgrounds (970) 522-3200
· December 14th – Yuma, CO, 3 pm to 5 pm 5:30 BQA Training Yuma County Fairgrounds
· January 10th – Franklin, NE, Franklin County Fairgrounds, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. CT, (308) 425-6277
· January 10th – Oxford, NE, Kuch’s Restaurant & Lounge, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. CT, (308) 268-3105
· January 11th – Ogallala, NE, Arterburn Youth Cabin, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. MT, (308) 284-6051
· January 11th – Arthur, NE, Arthur County High School Gymnasium, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. MT, (308) 284-6051
· January 17th – Curtis, NE, NCTA Education Center, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. CT, (308) 367-4424
· January 25th – Culbertson, NE, Hitchcock County Fairgrounds, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. CT, (308) 345-3390
· February 9th – North Platte, NE, Lincoln County Fairgrounds, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. CT, (308) 532-2683
· February 15th – Imperial, NE, Crossroads Wesleyan Church, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. MT, (308) 882-4731
Please register at the local Extension office one week prior to the event for a meal count. Cost to attend varies based on location.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
“Table Talk – Food and Climate Conversations” is the theme for the 104th Annual South Dakota Farm Bureau (SDFB) Convention, Nov. 19-20, 2021 at the Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, Sioux Falls, S.D. Registration for…