Baxter Black: THE COWMAN’S CHRISTMAS LIST
1. New baler twine to tie up last year’s five-buckle overshoes.
2. Something that will kill Canadian thistle.
3. A hot shot that works for more than a morning.
4. A dog that does more good out of the pickup than in it.
5. A cattle buyer who admits that he likes your calves.
6. A feedlot customer with a bottomless wallet.
7. A molasses salesman who thinks your hay will be adequate without his $200 –a-ton supplement.
8. A vet who suggest that you buy your vaccine at the co-op.
9. A teenage daughter who thinks her allowance is too high.
10. A son-in-law with a steady job.
11. A Christmas day freak snowfall that blankets the mountains and your front yard but leaves the cow lot dry as a bone.
12. An implement dealer who insists on being paid in bales of hay.
13. A banker who inadvertently has gotten your financial statement mixed up with Jeff Bezos’.
14. A son who can rope and ride, loves to work and doesn’t plan on going to vet school.
15. A wife who rubs your back.
16. The time, occasionally, to enjoy what you do for a livin’.
17. And a loving God who doesn’t look down at you every time and say, “Oh, well, I can’t win ‘em all!”
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Some might wonder why prehistoric cave drawings weren’t more detailed. Surely there were artists capable of rendering intricate representations of the circulatory system of aurochs or the dentition of a Saber Tooth Tiger drawn to…