Baxter Black: Veterinary profession: thoughts for discussion
I’ve been pondering the state of veterinary medicine in the new millennium. These subjects deserve deeper thought or at least a Master’s Degree thesis:
• Why a barber and a surgeon should never say, “oops!”
• The plethora of chicken/the dearth of poultry practitioners
• The value of veterinarians in the war against bioterrorism
• Is there a place for grooming in an exclusive reptile veterinary practice?
• Recipes for traditionally inedible species
• What do you think of the “placebo effect” in veterinary medicine?
• What are the tricks you use to help remember where you left your glasses or car keys?
• What do you think of men in veterinary medicine? A thing of the past?
• How do you deal with barn sour children?
• Cell phones; how to add pressure and convenience to your practice.
• The future of leather shoes, purses and seat covers made of doghide.
• The new prestige of meat inspection veterinarians.
• Do you have difficulty resolving Genesis and evolution?
• The value of Chinese herbal medicine in non-Oriental species.
• What do you think of homeopathic cures for baldness, dandruff and dog’s ticks?
• Do dogs have a heaven?
• Body piercing in veterinary medicine; fashion statement or cruelty?
• Humane euthanasia techniques in an insect veterinary practice; squash or spray?
• The use of wood chippers in poultry euthanasia.
• If humans are evolving, what major physical changes will occur in the next 100,000 years?
• How veterinary school affected your eating habits.
• Acupuncture in marine mammals – does blubber affect the meridians?
• Why is free advice (from Whole Foods checkout girl or Uncle who works at sale barn) always worth more than advice you have to pay for?
• Have veterinary specialties like 1st Premolar Dentistry, Polydactal Primates, and/or Alternative Uses for Vestigial Organs, become passé?
• What do you tell the parents of a child who wants to go to vet school?
• Who else goes to sleep memorizing the Krebs cycle?
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User